Who we are:
VG Gourmet is a family owned Montreal-based company, creating and manufacturing gourmet and high quality plant-based meals for grocery stores across Canada. We believe in using the freshest and highest quality ingredients to provide consumers with delicious and healthy ready-made meals including burgers, tofus and more!
Due to its continued growth, our company is currently looking for a full time Food Safety Coordinator to complement its team. With a dynamic work environment that is evolving rapidly, VG Gourmet is searching for a person who can make an impact quickly based on previous experience.
Type: Permanent position, full-time
Reporting to the General Manager, the coordinator will be responsible for enforcing good manufacturing practices by following established rules and procedures.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Train employees on basic hygiene rules and good manufacturing practices
· Perform daily inspections (several times a day);
· Ensure the conformity of products according to specifications
· Identify, communicate and manage non-conformities according to established rules and procedures;
· Maintain cleanliness on the machines as well as in the factory to prevent any risk of contamination.
· Ensure that equipment cleaning and maintenance procedures are in place and followed.
· Complete the various forms used for quality control
· Manage and monitor the calibration and inventory of measurement equipment;
· Provide the necessary assistance to develop, implement and update the HACCP system and other Food Quality and Safety systems.
· Knowledge of HACCP food safety programs
· Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Familiarity with Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
· Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
· Enthusiastic and enjoys teamwork.
Please send resume to [email protected]
We will only contact candidates selected for an interview.